You'd prefer your view labels to use the model part number (or some other file property) rather than the default "View1", "View2", and so on. Re-naming the view labels manually is tedious and error prone.
You can change the view label default to use an iProperty from the model using these steps:
- Open a drawing file
- Go to the Manage tab
- Click the Styles and Standards button
- Click the Standard to work with from the top of the tree on the left pane
- Activate the View Preferences tab in the right pane
- Click the Edit button for Display field
- Set the Type drop down to Properties-Model
- Set the Properties drop down to Part Number (or something else)
- Click the Add Text Parameter button to add this property to your view label
You can click the image below to enlarge it and see the picks and clicks.